Table of Contents
*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you love your JRT, or Jack Russells in general, why not become part of the larger Jack Russell Terrier community?
Have you ever considered joining your local breed club? No? Well, why not?
What is a Breed Club?
A JRT breed club is an organization of Jack Russell Terrier owners and admirers. Different clubs have different goals and philosophies, but, generally speaking, clubs are interested in the development and promotion of their breed.
Clubs may contribute to
Different breed clubs have different aims. The Jack Russell Terrier Club of America and the Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain, for example, are devoted to the preservation of the JRT as a working dog. Other clubs may be more interested in developing JRT show lines.
What are the Benefits of Membership?
This depends on the club. However many clubs will offer some variation on the following benefits:
- Registration and listing for your dog
- Discounted entry at various events
- Club publications
- Courses and certificates for you and your JRT
- Opportunities for professional development in the JRT community
- Networking opportunities
How Do I Get Started?
First, take a look at breed clubs in your area. Some places, like Great Britain, have numerous clubs, and each may be a bit different. Here are a few:
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of America (https://www.therealjackrussell.com/index.php)
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of Great Britain (http://www.jrtcgb.co.uk)
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of Canada (http://www.jrtcc.ca)
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of Australia (https://www.jackrussellterriers.com.au)
- Associazione Jack Russell Terrier Italia Istituzionale (https://www.jackrussellterrieritalia.com)
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of Denmark (http://www.jrtc.dk)
- Jack Russell Terrier Club of South Africa (https://jackrussellsa.co.za)
Once you’ve found a club that looks like a good match for you, contact them and get started!
Become Part of the Family
You love your Jack Russell, but if you’re a fan of the breed as a whole, then the larger Jack Russell Terrier community needs you. Whether you want to socialize with other JRT
Featured Image: CC 3.0 by Plank, via Wikimedia Commons